Sanct Valentin Sauvignon St Michael Eppan DOC Alto Adige

Awarded Gambero Rosso's highest rating of Tre Bicchieri for an incredible 17 years in succession! Gambero Rosso also voted Hans Terzer as one of the Top 10 Winemakers in the world.

This is the flagship wine from this prestigious estate, regarded as the best Sauvignon Blanc in all Italy.

Please note presentation for this 2016 has changed to a wider, squatter bottle.

In stock

Country and Region: Italy,Alto Adige

Classification: DOC Alto Adige

Producer: San Michele Appiano

Wine Style: White

Grape Varieties : Sauvignon Blanc

Vinification: The Sauvignon grapes are hand harvested from vineyards located in the Mendel Massif. On arrival at the winery, 90% of the grapes are fermented in stainless steel tanks and is then aged on it's 'lees' until the end of April. The remaining 10% is fermented and aged in wood before final blending and bottling.

ABV: 13.5%

More Information
Location Alto Adige, Italy
Winery St Michael Eppan
Winery status Unique co-op of tiny growers
Winemaker Hans Terzer
Annual production Low
Grapes Sauvignon Blanc
Style Crisp, fruit driven, dry finish
ABV 14.5
Bottle Size 75cl
Percentage score 92
Sulphite level Medium Low
John's Rating
Write Your Own Review
You're reviewing:Sanct Valentin Sauvignon St Michael Eppan DOC Alto Adige