Badia di Morrona I Sodi del Paretaio Chianti DOCg

Badia di Morrona I Sodi del Paretaio Chianti DOCg. A soft and fruity Chianti, unoaked, made to be drunk young.

In stock
SKU
1508
£11.50

Badia di Morrona is a small estate owned by the Gaslini Alberti family, a highly passionate producer focussing on quality. Their holdings are reasonably large by our standards, around 1500 acres with a little under 300 planted with vines, around half being Sangiovese. The rest is olive groves and farmland. They have restored the old farmhouses for guests and have a restaurant and even a monastery dating back to the eleventh century.

Their wines are well made blending both traditional methods and state of the art technology. They are great quality at affordable prices. Their dedication to producing high quality wines is earning them a reputation and they've been hotly tipped as a winery to watch out for in the near future.

This Chianti is a blend of 85% Sangiovese with the other 15% made up of Syrah, Cabernet and Merlot (Chianti has to contain at least 85% Sangiovese). It's unoaked, having been aged in concrete or stainless steel for ten months. It's very fresh with plenty of fruit upfront. Ripe and juicey with soft tannins. Ideal to partner with a bit of cold meat and cheeses.


More Information
Location Pisa, Tuscany, Italy
Winery Badia di Morrona
Winery status Independent family winery
Winemaker Giorgio Marone
Annual production Low
Grapes 85% Sangiovese, plus a little Syrah, Merlot & Cabernet
Style Soft, fruity, dry finish
ABV 13.5
Bottle Size 75cl
Vintage 2014
Free sulphur
Sulphite level Medium Low
John's Rating
Write Your Own Review
You're reviewing:Badia di Morrona I Sodi del Paretaio Chianti DOCg